Question PAL60 to HDMI

pUnkn0wn

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I'm desperate and I hope anyone can help me. I live in Europe and I got a PAL Gamecube. Currently, it is connected to my TV via Composite but I need to convert it to HDMI to use my HDMI Splitter and other stuff. So I bought an AV to HDMI Converter on Amazon, which works perfectly with my other retro consoles. Since some games on the Gamecube supports the option to switch to 60 Hz (PAL-60) the converter thinks it is an NTSC 4.43 Signal, which causes problems with displaying the picture.

So now to my question. I spent the last 3 days looking for a converter that converts PAL60 directly to HDMI, but that does not seem to exist. So I just got the idea that I may use a PAL60 to NTSC Converter, which then goes into the AV to HDMI Converter. Will this work or is there even an easier way?

The setup would then look something like this: Gamecube (Pal 60) -> PAL60 to NTSC Converter -> AV to HDMI Converter -> ... -> TV

Since I'm new I hope this is the right place to ask. Thanks in advance for anyone that could help me with this.

Get one of these which works with PAL Gamecubes, it correctly converts the output for use on modern HDMI displays. You will need a mini HDMI cables for use with it which they sell too.

These old consoles have video modes that are no longer supported on modern displays so basic converters are not always going to properly work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom