1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL60 Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ScottW75, Sep 7, 2004.

1. ScottW75

ScottW75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    I've just bought a pw6 plasma and i'm very pleased with it. However my HK 2550 outputs pal and NTSC blacks at different levels. Its been suggested i use pal60 to get around this rather than turn the brightness up and down. i'm using the component input and have a few questions

1.will using pal60 increase the pitch of the audio or will it remain the same?

2.will it negatively affect the picture in anyway (3:2 pulldown etc?)

thanks for any help

2. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have the exact same equipment and problem as you. I posted about it a while back if you do a search. Int he end I found out there is no way around it unless you either adjust the brightness each time or do what I did and use pal60 for everything. I did checks to see if there were any negative effects to running R1 at pal60 and to my eyes there seemed to be no difference. Just dont forget to set the player to progressive everytime you turn it on in the eZmenu (its the far right hand side figure and it needs to be set to 2).

Hope that helps or puts your mind to rest :)

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    1: No. PAL 60 uses the same frame and line structure as NTSC; only the colour carrier is changed. No effect on speed, resolution, etc.

2: See 1.