1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL60 or NTSC??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrNPG, Jun 10, 2005.

1. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi folks,

What is the general consensus for the best setting to use for the option of PAL60 or NTSC in regards to how an NTSC disc is displayed? (I'm referring to the setting within the DVD player).

I have briefly experimented with both settings and can't say that I notice any difference.

Logically, I would presume that as long as your plasma can accept a true NTSC signal, then the NTSC setting would be best as it is not then being "converted" in any way??

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    There is no conversion the player merely generates the required colour frequency PAL or NTSC . Technically PAL has the ability to offer slightly more colour resolution. Unless you are using composite ( even then its minor) then there is no disadvantage to using PAL60 over NTSC . Its not a conversion.

It shouldn't make any difference to a component or RGB signal as they will use neither PAL or NTSC anyway . NTSC and PAL are composite colour encoding schemes and never enter the equation with component and RGB signals.

3. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Cheers Keith, I am using a component connection so as you say, it shouldn't matter which setting I use.