1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL XBox via component on Tosh 32zd36p???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by pullman, May 12, 2005.

1. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If I have my PAL Xbox modified with some sort of chip (which or would a software mod be sufficient?), can I then play my PAL games via component cable on my Toshiba 32zd36p (which accepts both PAL and NTSC signals) or must I buy NTSC games to get the improved picture quality?

Is there a Microsoft component cable I should get?

tnx
    pullman

2. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You don't need to get your xbox modified just to use component cable, you only need it chipped of a soft mod if you want 480p. The majority of UK games work fine with the xbox switched to NTSC 480p. There is a couple of games that wont.

You can get a hidef component cable from HERE
    Have a look at the long Hidef thread for more info.

3. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so in other words a softmod will enable the xbox to output progressive scan in NTSC (not PAL) and most likely this will not affect how my PAL games play but will improve the pic quality.

4. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah soft mod should work fine, all the instructions can be found in the Xbox Hidef thread.
    It involves using a special splintercell save, a copy of the original game, and a memory card something like a action replay.
    Once you then flip to NTSC and have the component cable fitted, you can just set the video modes you want from the xbox dashboard.
    If you do have issues with some PAL games, you can just 'de-soft mod' when you want, and back again.