1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal Xbox high def. & XB Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Brido, May 10, 2005.

1. Brido

Brido
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Ive got a chipped Xbox and know about changing the region to NTSC for high def. modes.

Once I have done the above, what will happen when I switch my chip off to play on live?......(Ive already been on Live)

Will this revert back to PAL mode and prevet a XBL ban, but still display via componenet leads (high def or not)

Thanks,
    Brido

2. DrWatson

DrWatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brido

I dont know whether this helps or not (my XBOX isn't chipped). But I can get high definition output on my PF9976 using a 'soft' mod (see below site ). I can quite happily play Burnout 3 in 480p on XBL without worrying about been banned.

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/forum/ and use keywords HDTV. You are looking for the post titled 'how to enable high definition on your unmodded xbox'. You may need to register to perform the search.

One problem is that it does'nt display the dashboard. So just put the game in and wait for it to load.

3. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ive you've got Xbox Live then your Xbox dashboard will have been updated to enable 480p - just press both triggers and both thumbsticks in at the same time and it'll swap the dashboard to 480p. Just use the same process to swap back to 480i.

Here you go Brido;

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=28489&page=1&pp=30

Im not sure if having a chip installed will affect the soft-mod, I doubt it will. If you can already get on Xbox Live with your chip switched off, then I would use this soft-mod (which works on Live), instead of using the chip to mod the output.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It wont effect live as long as you have the chip off ! You will still be able to play in HD. Its just the region, its not something live looks for. Once the region is changed it stays in effect whether the chip is on or off.

Dont ever go into Live with the Chip activated. Your box will definately be banned.

5. Brido

Brido
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the advice guys