1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Xbox, HD cable & X3 mod

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by cybersoga, Mar 7, 2005.

1. cybersoga

Apr 7, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have a new PAL Xbox and will be upgrading it with X3 CE in the next couple of days. The main reason I am installing the mod is so I can get progressive scan (480p, 720p, 1080i) with the hdtv cable. I understand that for progressive scan to work the console needs to be set to NTSC. Will I be able to boot into X3, switch the Xbox to NTSC, then reboot and this time bypassing the mod by holding the power button down, the console will still be in NTSC, allowing me to enable 480p etc? Will this effectively turn my console into an NTSC model with UK games region code? Will I then be able to play PAL games in 480p?

Same question regarding game region codes - if I was to get a USA game and wanted xbox live to work with it, could I set the region code in X3 then reboot the xbox and use play the game while the mod is disabled?

Also, with 480p, 720p and 1080i enabled, what resolution will dashboard use?