pal to ntsc/ ntsc to pal

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John Sparks, Feb 8, 2002.

1. John Sparks

John Sparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a player here in the uk that i can take to the usa that will be multiregion 1-6 and also internally convert a pal region 2 and display it as a ntsc signal ? , i have noticed several machines , sampo etc that are on usa websites but they seem to be a little fly by night operators.Looking at any brands really from the cheep to something like a arcam . thanks .

2. snocken

snocken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pioneer DV77 Home Cinema System will do the NTSC/PAL conversion and I believe it will also do PAL/NTSC since it can fix the output format to AUTO/NTSC/PAL irrespective of the DVD source.
    I guess this might be a little more system than you were expecting (550 to 650 quid depending on where you buy), but it might be that some of the newer DVD players from Pioneer have the same capability too.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    Can't comment on its longevity yet, but the Dansai 852 from Tesco £99.49 will do this. And it has a multivoltage power supply. It is easy hackable for multiregion or specific region and macrovision off.

4. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mico Celo has the format conversion, and is sub-£200. It gets good reviews from What TV & HiFi