• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pal to bg

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
I would expect that to kick in when you do (or redo) an initial setup and select your country as any one of the countries that use PAL B/G.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Could anyone tell me how to change from pal to bg on panasonic viera th-42 px8ba please??

As Chris Muriel has pointed out B/G is a variant of the PAL standard previously used in a lot of continental european countries, Australasia etc. but still in use in some others. The UK used the I variiant of PAL which again was used in many other countries.

In the UK and and most of Europe the PAL (analogue) standard is now virtually defunct due to the use of DVB-T and DVB-T2 in its former user areas.

Please could you tell us where you intend to use your panasonic TV such that PAL B/G is still relevant?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom