1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Standards supported by new Sony's

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RAC, Apr 10, 2001.

1. RAC

RAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Time to change the telly.... getting stuff on-line seems much harder over here in Belgium than in the UK, BUT, British TV is broadcast in PAL-I whereas they use PAL-G here in Belgium (and PAL-H in the Netherlands and Germany). Does anyone have a new Sony TV (I'm interested in the KV-32FX65 model) and does the manual say anything about the PAL standards it supports.

My moan - this is just the sort of information that would lend itself to being buried on a website. Why can't manufacturers just post an Acrobat copy of all their manuals on the web - it would make life so much easier!?! Cheers. :rolleyes:

2. RAC

RAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really would be grateful if any of you Sony owners could dip into the manual for me. Thanks v.m. :)

3. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +664
    I have the 36FS70 and that supports ALL the PAL standards.

It says in the book that it supports PAL(I) and a few others (G & H I am sure)...

Even if it doens't, out of the box, the service menu allows you to select the PAL mode, and also the country of origin!!

Infact, i can even tell my TV that its a different model, which makes me think that this is the case for ALL Sony TVs.

I hope this helps

Jon