• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PAL Recordings at wrong/NTSC frame rate

PsychoTherapist

Established Member
I've got a KWorld Hybrid Analogue/DVB-T tuner, shown as "Philips SAA713X Hybrid Capture Device" in Device Manager. My display output is at 1920x1080, 50Hz.

TV playback is fine inside Windows 7 Media Center on both Analogue and Digital tuners. However, when I record anything from the Analogue tuner, again using Windows 7 Media Center (all PAL material), it seems to record with a frame rate of 29.97, instead of 25. The resolution of the recorded file is 720x540.

I thought it may have been simply reporting wrong, but upon changing it from wtv to plain old mpg (no re-encoding), it confirms it's playing back at 29.97.

Anybody have a clue why this is happening and is it possible to get Media Center recording at the correct 25 fps from the Analogue tuner?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom