1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL PS on Pioneer 939-A..any chance..??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by museumsteve, May 12, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I notice the 747 can be done, would the 939-A not have the same or very similar chipset to the 747 ?
    I really want PAL PS but dont want the crappy cheap option after the dire Lecson fiasco earlier this year..
    If there's no chance of doing the 939 is there any places I could trade a 939 towards a 747..

2. stevenwilliams

stevenwilliams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you do find the answer to these questions please tell me as I have a 939-a and would like PAL PS as well..

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    the places I talked to say it can;t be done mate so not sure what to do now..can;t really afford to buy a 747 yet unless I can get a good price for my 939. Just about to cough for a quadscan and my denon upgrade..:(

4. stevenwilliams

stevenwilliams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I find the strangest thing is that Pioneer made a point of advertising the Progressive scan feature of the 939-a but if you keep the player region 2 it is useless are there are hardly any NTSC region 2 disks..

I asked the pioneer rep at the Bristol show about this and he said that I was totally correct and it was a stupid reature for a region locked player.. It is designed to be used when the player is hacked..

If pioneer are telling us to hack the machines why the heck don't they make them remote hackable..

I asked pioneer on the web about it and had no response..

thanks

Steven