1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal Progressive

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Bigmonty69, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I am swithering between buying a Jamo DVR50 or a Panasonic SCHT900 All in One System.

The Panasonic is cheaper and the speaker setup suits me more. However it only has NTSC Progressive and not PAL Progessive also like the Jamo does. It it a big deal?? My DVD collection is near all PAL and I am buying a Plasma TV also an want the best possible picture.

Cheers.
    Dave

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Personally I think PAL progressive at its best is fantastic. Its a higher resolution than NTSC and a progressive image cures the flicker problem common at 50hz with PAL televisions. Plus I think running a film at 25 fps which was originally 24fps is a better solution than 3:2 pulldown. Of course many NTSC dvds are still better than the same PAL version because they simply did a better job of transferring it from film but PAL DVDs for me are the maximum potential performance. So personally I I think pal progressive is important.

3. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    definitely, i agree with bonzobanana - go for the jamo