PAL Progressive Scan

sjw

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Great site, first post here.
So now things seem to be settling down on the PAL Prog Scan scene, when do you think we'll start seeing more TV's capable of displaying it?
I was about to buy a TV with Progressive Scan (Tosh 32zt29) but now believe it is only for NTSC.
I prefer PAL IN GENERAL and would be a bit p***ed off if in a few months Prog Scan TV's could display both because as I understand it it's not a major technical feat if it can already do PS, more of a political one.
I know my DVD player will need to be able to output in PAL PS so it would only be something for the future but it would be nice knowing the capability was there when I needed it..
So, do you reckon we're talking a couple of months or what and do you reckon they'll charge a fair premium for it given that it will already do PS?
Also, I was at first looking at the picture frame Tosh but then decided if I'm gonna be spending over £1000 I might as well kill 2 birds with one stone and get a digital tuner built in and save having to buy a separate box. Shame, because I really like the size of the 32zp18 (even the 36zp18 is narrower than the 32zt29!). Again, anyone know if Toshiba are planning on bringing out a picture-frame digital tv anytime soon?

Cheers all,

Ste

look at the Panasonic 32PS20
It can do Progressive PAL.

The cheapest way to get a progressive DVD signal
is to put a Sigma designs Xcard in a PC.
You will need to do a bit of RegEdit
and region killer but it works.

Not as convenient as a stand alone,
but a lot cheaper if you have a PC wit a built in DVD.

--B

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom