1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL Progressive Scan Player/Recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pedromartinez, Feb 20, 2003.

1. pedromartinez

pedromartinez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read one of the other threads in this forum, I was taken to the following link:

www.hivizone.com

I noticed this site is advertising the Philips DVDR-890 as a PAL & NTSC Progressive Scan DVD Player/Recorder!

Is this accurate or have they got it wrong? If its true, this could be exactly what I have been looking for, I was about to buy ther 963sa but the added benefit of recording would sway my choice.

Any advice on this product compared to the 963sa would be much appreciated.

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it's not true. There is a philips dvd recorder that supports PAL & NTSC progressive scan, and it's the 1000MKII model I think. Although it doesn't provide the de-interlaced images via component video outputs - which is odd - I think it uses a BNC interconnect. only useful if you've a projector or plasma

3. IanM

IanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think that the DVDR1000 MkII uses a 15-pin DSUB output for progressive scan output, like those used to connect computers to monitors.

I couldn't find out if this model had the DCDi chip in it (like the MkI) so I went for the cheaper 963sa player instead, and decided to wait until recorders come down in price and up in playback quality.

Cheers,
    Ian.

4. Y.Y.Yu

Y.Y.Yu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Hong Kong .The H.K. version of DVDR-890 can output PAL /
    NTSC progressive signel .That's been printed in the catalog .

Y.Y.Yu