PAL progressive + RGB scart + <£500 ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Luc, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm looking to upgrade my Pioneer 626-D, but want something that'll do progressive PAL when i upgrade my projector, which is next on the list. But my TV doesn't do s-video, so i also need one that's got RGB scart outs too. Are there any out there, all the PAL progressive ones i can find (native or hacked like these > https://www2.setssl.com/~hivizone/dvdplayer/main_frame.htm ) seem like asian/european models without scarts. Are there any that do what i want and won't cost £1000 ?

2. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Denon DVD-2800 will do all of the above after hacking the firmware. I have a DVD-2800 which has enabled 576p and it's great! The SCART-RGB picture on my TV is also great! It costs around £500 in Norway and shouldn't be more expensive in the UK. :)

There are a few new models arriving in a moment so you might want to wait a few weeks before you decide. The new models from Denon are DVD-2800 MK2 and DVD-3800.

Tor Arne