1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal Progressive HK25

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NicH, Mar 10, 2003.

1. NicH

NicH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just connected up my new HK DVD25 to my new Toshiba Plasma, but have a stupid question.

I was told that the player had been Pal Prog hacked (it is certainly multi-region), but my question is how can I tell if it is Pal Prog?

I ask because when I select Progressive in the menu, the picture type comes up as NTSC and this is greyed out ie it can't be altered.

Thanks for your help

Nic

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You do not havethe correct firmware for PAL progressive. If you had the menu would show PAL and NTSC.
    Try the link above.

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get the info of what signal is being displayed by going into a menu on the plasma,

hold the volume button on the plasma in while pressing the status button 3 times very fast on the remote ,
    this will bring up a menu, highlight the icc option and press enter on the remote( the square button),

in the top right hand corner of the screen it will tell you what signel is being shown ie, 525i 525p 625i 625p etc.

to get out press the setup button the turn the plasma off on the panell itself

DONT MESS AROUND IN THERE BE CAREFULL

5. NicH

NicH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I guess I'll have to hack it myself then