Pal Progressive for Denon 2800 mkII

N

NellyM

Just got my hands on the multiregion firmware disk for the above and would like to know if there is a PAL Progressive disk in circulation.

If you've got a multiregion disk it is quite likely it enables PAL progressive too...give it a spin and let us know...there are lots of 2800 MkII owners out there who are very keen to get their hands on this so do share it if you can.

Regards,
Ian Guinan

p.s. be VERY sure you haven't just got a copy of the original 2800 M/R firmware though (gives a CD image with the file bank30.rom on it) as this will kill your player.

I ran the firmware disk this morning and tested it briefly with the Spiderman region 1 disk and it worked fine.

This may be a stupid question but how will I know that PAL progressive is working other than improved picture quality ?

Plug the component out into a PAL progressive capable display device (plasma, projector or even some TVs) and if you get a picture with progressive switched on you've got progressive playback. Simple as that!

Regards,
Ian Guinan

Originally posted by NellyM
Just got my hands on the multiregion firmware disk for the above and would like to know if there is a PAL Progressive disk in circulation.

May I ask where you got the disk from?

Cheers,

Richard

PS - If you live anywhere near Colchester, bring it round mine - I'll soon be able to tell you if it enables PAL progressive! :) :)

Double Pony !!

Just tried with region 2 disc.

Multi Region but not PAL progressive !!:mad:

Whats your firmware version?

My 2800mk2 is multiregion and has
Firmware ESS 6098
Processor DRV 1-69

Any chance of creating a disk image of the cd you have?

:)

1) Press "PLAY" and "OPEN/CLOSE" while while pressing the power button on (on the machine, not the remote)
2) Press "MENU" on remote
3) Player display will show microprocessor version (DVR *-**)
4) Press "MENU" again
5) Player display will show software (ESS****) version
6) Power off and then on before you use the machine again

thanks Mr.C

i've got the same firm ware as you...

i don't have a progressive scan capable display device yet so i'm not that bothered by the pps software yet, eventhough i'm considering selling my tv to get either the pan ae100 , or the sony hs-2 or some kind

no i know this might not be the right section for this question, but
when a camera moves from left to the right the image appears not to be smooth in fact it seems to stop and continue like twice a second

now is this due i'm not using progressive scan or is it because of my players capabilaties?

thanks

Same Firmware as you Mr C.

Is Pal Progressive available now or will it be a while before this upgrade appears.

That is very interesting.
I don't have a pal progressive display so I can't test for that with my machine.

Any chance of making a cd image of the firmware disk for others to use?

Also anyone with a region locked firmware please post what revison you have and what region it plays.

I've just received this from CreativeAudio.Co.Uk:

"Just a very quick update - within a week we will have a new 2800MK2 firmware upgrade, which will enable it (for the first time ever) to genuinely prog scan PAL 625. We will implement it on all 2800s as soon as we have it"

Originally posted by higenbs1
I've just received this from CreativeAudio.Co.Uk:

"Just a very quick update - within a week we will have a new 2800MK2 firmware upgrade, which will enable it (for the first time ever) to genuinely prog scan PAL 625. We will implement it on all 2800s as soon as we have it"

Just looked on the site, and doesn't even mention that they sell DVD players :confused:

Same Firmware ESS 6098, but Processor is DRV 3-16. Anyone know the difference.

Yes, the previous version is the first version and has multiple software bugs which cause some very serious playback clitches, but mainly on plasma's and PJ's. Denon reissued an update on every model that left the plant within the first month. Most of the first version models where recalled, but some slipped though the net as dealers where too keen to make a profit.

I do, but it is currently on loan to another member, will try to find the web address it was loaded from, which a pal of mine downloaded. I personally don't need the disc as I have a tosh dvd player. Sorry.

Originally posted by MrC
excellent post 12man.
Anyone game to try it out?

OK, I bit the bullet. I did as (I think) the site suggested and burned all the files onto 1 CD, and just put it in the tray. I turned the power off, on and the result is......

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

I've only tried a couple of DVDs so far, but it played both the PAL (region 2) and NTSC (region 1) discs in progressive scan!

12man - you may wish to post the news in a new thread to make this a bit more well known (it might be worth posting on the AVS forums to let our friends over the water know too). If you're not keen I'd be happy to spread the word, but I thought you deserve the glory of discovering it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom