1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal Progressive and Scart RGB

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Jun 19, 2003.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm just wondering will Official Pal Progressive players (ie not modded or hacked or new firmware) output Pal Prog over RGB scart cables and would displays such as my Panny AE300 PJ even be able to accept it over RGB.....or will it be via component like NTSC Prog Scan??

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Arcam's players are "official" PAL progressive players, no hacks or mods just works out the box; there were the first "official" PAL Progressive players. Check out their website. http://www.arcam.co.uk/

Arcam and all other PAL prog-scan players (hack, mod, flash, etc.) output PAL progressive via component (YUV) output; therefore you will need a display that accepts a PAL Progressive component signal.

Interestingly, Arcam are the only players on the market that can output progressive RGB. This is not "official", as all "official progressive scan" is supposed to be component only. From what I understand, this is to support projectors (some of which only accept RGB and not YUV).

StooMonster

3. xenon

xenon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I read in another forum that someone got the Compacks DVD5000 (the £50 one at Safeway) doing progressive RGB out of the box but I'm not sure if it's RGBS or RGsB. Just select RGB as output of choice and press the PROG button to switch between interlaced/progressive as you do with the component outs. Can anyone confirm?