PAL Prog Scan DVD player on Tosh 42wh36

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by toadie, Apr 1, 2004.

1. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, i'm currently thinking of getting a new dvd player for use with my tosh.

I would like one with PAL prog scan but just want to know if this set does it ok, as I had the Sony 730 and didnt at all like the PAL prog scan that it was outputting.

Will a more expensive dvd player such as the Myryad Z122 give me much better results ? The sony seemd to flicker a tad and after a while gave me headache.

What higher end dvd players are you using with your tosh 42wh36

Cheers

Mart...

2. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently swapped my toshiba 530 with a cambridge audio azur 540d and is heaps better than the Tosh. It did however have a problem with pal progressive scanning which should be sorted by Cambridge audio for me very soon.

I too have the toshiba 42wh36 and viewing titanic R1 with NTSC progressive scanning it was really smooth and clours vibrant compared with the toshiba. I have heard good reviews of the Limit DVD900SE so you might want to try this one too.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    couldn't promise it would solve your particular problem but the myryad would sound much better, last a lot longer, and would give a much better picture quality. Myryad stuff doesn't get very good reviews alot of the time and is often stated as over-priced but I love their stuff and I reckon it's well worth a demo or if you can find a dealer with stock a home trial would give you a chance to check for your problem

4. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, do you have the Myryad Z122 ? Is it really that good. last review I read about it got 5 0ut 5 . Best dvd player under £1000 mark.

Although i'm told that the video dac is only 10 bit. Would a pio 868 or a denon 2900 be any better ? I do like the Denons, but have heard so many probs with them once they are multiregioned.

cheers

Toadie

5. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I use a Pioneer 668 with PAL Progressive scan, and the picture is amazing with my Toshie 42wh36p.

6. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a 42wh36 and currently have a Pioneer DV550
    . As far as I am aware this does not have wither component output or progressive scan and I am using it with RGB output to the TV. Would I see a noticible differnece in the picture quaility by changing to a player with component/progressive scan over the RGB?

If I got a new player would I be able to use the progressive scan feature through the RGB scart or does this only work through the component interface. Aslo if I were to use component what kind of cables would I need? currently my system sits about 4 meters away from the TV so the thought of having to get 3 expensive cables is not a pleasant one.

Any advice would be gratefully received

7. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I settled for the Denon 2200 in the end. Fantastic quality.

Cheers

Toadie