PAL Prog. Scan CRT??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Totalnoobee, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Totalnoobee

Totalnoobee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After searching through the forum I found that only some Pannys will take a PAL PS from a DVD like the Arcam 88+ or a hacked Philips 963SA but this TVs seem to have an awfull PQ. Is this correct?
    I plan to buy a new DVD+CRT TV (room and budget are small) and so far I had considered the Philips as the DVD player but have no idea about the TV.
    Does anyone know if there are any new TVs (if possible from Sony) comming up with PAL PS this year?
    And now an even more difficult Q.
    Does anyone know if this new generation of PAL PS CRTs will use RGB Scart (current std.) for PS or will they use component? All current PS DVD players output their signal through component because they are mainly targeted for USA market but will this change once makers finally launch PAL PS in Europe?

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    625p (so called PAL progressive) video is only available on component video - not RGBS. This is for copy protection reasons and will not change.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. Totalnoobee

Totalnoobee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answer.
    Coming from you, I'm sure it'll be 100% like you say.
    I guess you don't know about the tellys so I'll have to wait, maybe the powers that be are condescendant on us and decide we poor europeans deserve PS as well.
    Can't remember if it was HFC or HFN&RR but I think I saw you a couple of numbers ago in an ARCAM factory visit, right?
    I just wish I could afford the 88+ +AV8 +P7...