PAL Prog on Tosh 520

RedRose

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a Toshiba SD520E. I know it only does Progressive on NTSC, but does anyone know how easy it would be to upgrade this by a firmware/EPROM upgrade or some such.

1) Since it already copes with NTSC prog, how hard would it be to use the same deinterlacer on a different feed?

2) I don't really understand why PAL prog isn't available. Isn't the movie on the disc as an MPEG2 stream which is then interlaced for output, or is it stored in an interlaced fashion?

3) If this is the case, then will PAL prog only work with specially mastered DVDs anyway?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's been buging me for ages.
Thanks.

Try emailing Toshiba, Myself and many others have without any pleasing replys. Do a search for pal progressive.

Get a Harman Kardon DVD 25, better player and already does PAL prog with firmware upgrade.

AL

But why do we get charged £350 when the HK retails in the US for less than $250 (£160)?????!!!!??????!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sconepanman
But why do we get charged £350 when the HK retails in the US for less than $250 (£160)?????!!!!??????!!!!!!!
They buy in BULK orders and sell for a smaller profit.

Because we are muppets who suffer it and the americans scream blue murder at the slighest overcharge. :)

Originally posted by Rob2
They buy in BULK orders and sell for a smaller profit.

Because we are muppets who suffer it and the americans scream blue murder at the slighest overcharge. :)
Surely the dealers here do the same. Profit must be razor thin at some web dealers in the UK. I think you are more correct with the second sentence. The manufacturers are making more on Euro product than US. At least we have PAL...;)

Originally posted by sconepanman
Surely the dealers here do the same. Profit must be razor thin at some web dealers in the UK.
I agree some probably are but,..... ITS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Looking at a HK for £200 overthere to £350 overhere you have to ask yourself....Is there something wrong with our calculators? are they misfunctioning ? Is it that we have short fat sausage fingers and punch them prices in....... incorrectly :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom