1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pal prog HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bumble, Jul 17, 2004.

1. bumble

bumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got a tosh 32zd26p and use a pioneer 565 prog scan dvd which is rock steady in NTSC playback,contacted tosh with regards to a PAL prog upgrade but no reply. Gave the 565 a go with a PAL disc and the tosh switches to prog scan mode but jitter is present on all menus.

picked up a samsung dvdp142 for £50!!!!! which supports PAL prog to test the tosh......in the samsung set up menu i set tv system to PAL and scan mode to prog.....BLACK SCREEN!!!! Reset the machine set tv system to NTSC scan mode to prog scan and......tosh switches to progressive mode so i played the region 2 disc,pic rock steady and appeared to improve??

Whats going on? am i recieving PAL prog? or do my eyes want to see more?

thinking of getting a denon 2200 to replace the 565 is it really worth it? if it knocks spots of the 565 i'll get it and stick to NTSC prog scan and settle for PAL interlace......

Advice needed