PAL/NTSC progressive?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by potato, Oct 31, 2002.

1. potato

potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’d posted the same question on another forum but received no answer, so I would like to try in here to see if I have luck or not.

Here it goes:

I’ve been reading about DVD player with component out for sometime now and decided to have a new player with it; but then I came across this progress and interlace, according to what I read, mostly said progressive is better; then I run into this PAL/NTSC progressive and am not able to find out which one should I get.

I have the following questions:

1. my PJ has component input (with BNCs), does it mean I can connect any player with component out into this PJ?

2. is the PAL/NTSC progress depend on the DVD played or the type or TV (or PJ in my case) used? I think my PJ is multi-system (i.e. it displays both PAL and NTSC movies) but I watch mostly R1 DVD (which is NTSC), so am I better get a player with PAL or NTSC progressive?

Thank you very much for your time.

P/s. I think this is an obvious question to most of you therefore no one bother to answer in other forum, so could you please kindly point me a direction to go for more information? Many thanks.

2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Potato,

Without you specifying what projector you are using it is going to be very difficult to give you any advice.

As you are the only one who knows your setup I strongly recommend that you perform a search on this forum. Just click on the search button as all your questions have been answered here before.

Regards,

Jean-Paul

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    1. my PJ has component input (with BNCs), does it mean I can connect any player with component out into this PJ?

Theoretically yes. I hope you are not confusing Component (YUV / YCrCb) with RGB?
    BTW: Progressive YUV is called YPbPr - please check with your PJs manual.

2. is the PAL/NTSC progress depend on the DVD played or the type or TV (or PJ in my case) used?

On both.

I think my PJ is multi-system (i.e. it displays both PAL and NTSC movies) but I watch mostly R1 DVD (which is NTSC), so am I better get a player with PAL or NTSC progressive?

You better get a player which supports both. Coming out soon as it seems PAL PS has been legalized now.