1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAL gamecube Prog scan?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by phenom2003, Nov 23, 2003.

1. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the latest cubes have pog scan? I remember a while ago that no pal cubes could do it, then the new ones seemed to, so do the new ones (in the mario kart bundle).

Rich

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    PAL cubes don't have progressive scan. Freeloader has made some US games work in progressive scan but its not guaranteed.

Neil.

3. Erpland

Erpland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have any firm links? because there was always a lot of unnecessary confusion on this one.
    I thought Prog scan was done in the software, and as the Component cable is an official PAL product that uses the Digital port all those early rumours of it being disabled for PAL etc etc didnt have any grounds.

I have one of the first batch (I presume) of PAL UK cubes and Progressive scan works with all my US games(that have progressive scan option) via freeloader, although admittedly I struggle to see the difference on a projector.

Anyway what clouds the matter is that according to some of the posts on here it works for some and not others, I've noticed my projector automaticly detects the option and gives me the choice without holding the red button (is the signal sent back to the Gamecube? or maybe the selection text is always there but only readable on some devices or all whenl a red button is pressed), and yet on component TV I have to hold the red button.
    Also the intro screen on Metroid Prime has screwed up colours on Prog scan mode but the rest is fine.
    :(