PAL 1 VCR compatibility with Spanish system PAL B/G

J

james__bcn

Hi there!
I need some help!!!
I wants to take my British VCR to Spain and I am concerned about the compatibility of the systems (both the british PAL 1 with the Spanish PAL B/G). I have read in some forums that the video will simply do not record a thing or that it will but with no sound at all. I have also read here (http://www.bigdishsat.com/fs04_stds.php), that as long as I use a SCART (also known in Spain as EUROCONECTOR) there should not be a problem abut compatibilities.
Now, I am left wondering whom to believe since I am not able to find a satisfactory answer to my quandary and the person from the Customer Service Phoneline of my VCR maker to whom I have talked has funnily assured me that the video should work in Spain 90 out 100% !!
Will it work then? If so, how should I do the connections? Antenna to TV and SCART from TV to video would do? The other way round?

Thanks.

jAmes

julian_1234

Standard Member
Pal I and Pal B/G have different audio subcarrier frequencies, so using the VCR in Spain would give you no audio (or maybe give you noise).
You should be able to watch pre-recorded tapes though if you connect via a scart, but any connections using modulated rf would lose you the audio ... either to record or playback.

I think that's all correct.

Julian.

P

pinatubo

As Julian says you will lose the audio on any recordings made on the UK VCR.
You'd be better off taking your tapes with you and buying a Spanish VCR.

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom