Pakistani Cricket Cheats

Ian J

Ex Member
Reaction score
The Pakistani Cricket Board have followed the Labour Government policy of waiting to announce bad news until everyone is distracted elsewhere by picking the day when the whole of the cricketing world is busy analysing the England defeat at Adelaide to announce that they have overturned the bans on their pair of drug taking fast bowlers.

Personally i would like to see Pakistan suspended from Test cricket status until an independent panel has looked into this ridiculous ruling. If it isn't bad enough that so many Pakistani greats are tarnished by allegations of match fixing we now have the spectre of performance enhancing drugs being outlawed by the whole of the international cricket community - except Pakistan

Was just coming on to post this, couldnt believe it when I heard :eek:
If ignorrance is now an excuse in sport, we may aswell give up. To make out these guys didn't know any better because they are from Pakistan is ridiculous.

I think there should be some intervention here by the ICC. I would agree that a suspension should be used.

It is a very poor ruling, it actually shows the Pakistani board to be bigger cheats than the players.

Bad day for cricket all round then!

If ignorance is now an excuse in sport, we may aswell give up. To make out these guys didn't know any better because they are from Pakistan is ridiculous.

Part of the defence for Asif was apparently that he wasn't very bright. :D

Part of the defence for Asif was apparently that he wasn't very bright. :D

This defence also works if he places a bet on a match he is involved in... He doesn't understand the odds calculation:D

Total disgrace and they should be barred from World competitions for this decision. It's obviously a move by their government to please the people of Pakistan.

The Pakistani Cricket Board have followed the Labour Government policy of waiting to announce bad news until everyone is distracted elsewhere by picking the day when the whole of the cricketing world is busy analysing the England defeat at Adelaide to announce that they have overturned the bans on their pair of drug taking fast bowlers.

Personally i would like to see Pakistan suspended from Test cricket status until an independent panel has looked into this ridiculous ruling. If it isn't bad enough that so many Pakistani greats are tarnished by allegations of match fixing we now have the spectre of performance enhancing drugs being outlawed by the whole of the international cricket community - except Pakistan
'Followed the Labour govt'? Govts of all hues, for decades have buried bad news when other events are on.

However, sport was always sacrosanct in this respect and the Pakistanis have done what people really don't like - used sport for political ends.

As such I agree, a suspension is in order. :mad:

Erm i remember this being talked about on FiveLive how many people have got off it was tons of people after getting caught only one i remember was greg rusedski him and a ton of other people took nandrolone and got away scot free.

I expected it to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom