Answered Pairing Yamaha YSP-2700 with WX-030

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by William Medley, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. William Medley

William Medley
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own the old Yamaha YSP-2200, which has no MusicCast, but have two WX-030 speakers that I use for music only. I'm considering upgrading to the YSP-2700, but my biggest motivation is its integration with MusicCast. So my question is, how does that work in practice and has anyone done it. For example:

1. If I extend the YSP-2700 to the WX-030 pair, will that enhance the surround?
    2. What channel from a 7.1 audio stream will each WX-030 output, and can I customize that (can I change if from Front-Left to Back-Left for example)

Any help would be appreciated!
    William

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Norman, Jan 31, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +592
    Best Answer
    I have a YSP-2700 and 2 x WX speakers that I use with MusicCast.
    As far as I’m aware you can’t pair two WX’s to the 2700 for use by it as surround speakers, although two WX’s can be paired together for stereo.
    MusicCast will allow you to pair all speakers together for multi-zone music.

4. William Medley

William Medley
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a real shame. Feels like a missed opportunity to combine the two! Thanks for the quick response!