Pairing Sky Cards (yes i read sticky)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by LGfan1987, Feb 23, 2014.

1. LGfan1987

LGfan1987
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd ring Sky but my phone is with plusnet (no inclusive calls) so i'd prefer to do the pairing online.

1. Can two cards be paired to the same box?

2. Card A is paired to box A owned by person A. Card B is paired to box B owned by person B. Person A and B want to swap boxes (person A has 2TB but doesn't need that much recording space). Obviously they can't do it simultaneously, so what will happen when someone pairs a card to a box that already has a card paired to it?

3. Would using box C temporarily (old box owned by person A, faulty) solve any problems (pair A to C, pair B to A, pair A to B)?

Thanks for any help.

2. nsewell

nsewell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    1.) You can have more than one card paired to one box, however each card can only be paired to one box.

2.) Unless something's changed sky operatives aren't allow to pair a card to a box which is already paired to a card which still has an active subscription.
    However this can be overridden by a manager at Sky, so you would need to ring sky for that, your situation should justify them overriding this.

3.) Pretty sure that should get around your problem, as long as the faulty box isn't a Thomson Sky+HD box. Sky won't pair a card to that box.

3. LGfan1987

LGfan1987
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.