1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pairing Of D2011 With Mission Speakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Sheriff, Feb 23, 2003.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What do you informed people think of pairing the pioneer vsxd2011 reciever with the following speaker setup? If this is not a good idea can you suggest alternatives at a similar price:

Mission 773e Floorstanders
    Mission 77c1 Centre
    Mission 77ds Rears x 2 Pairs
    REL Q-150 Sub

Think the set of missions is also called the cinema 7 package?

Would love to have a Paradigm Servo 15 Sub instead of the REL but it's too damn big!

Cheers

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a very similar set up to the one you mention. As opposed to 773e fronts I bought a pair of 771e's (as I was looking for Stand Mounting speakers), and have a REL Quake subwoofer as opposed to the Q150E you mention.

It just seems that your proposed set up is very similar to mine - just a bit bigger, and since mine works so well, I can't see why the one you propose wouldn't.

3. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanx dimmy, it's just i wanted to get opinions about how well the pioneer would work with the speakers and whether it would be wasted on them, should i go for some a bit bigger/meatier than the 773's?

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't think you'd need to, even if the 773e's aren't bass loaded enough, anything missing is more than going to be made up for by the REL Q150E, I think it'd make a fantastic combination. Unless you're unsatisfied with the sound that is - in which case you can always change the speakers! None the less I don't think you'd be.

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yea m8, i suppose you do have a point. Don't really want to go for anything more expensive than the 773's anyway as most of my budget will be used up with the 2011.

6. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi There,

Have the same front end setup as you are suggesting (773e's, 77c1 but 700's for rears, though I have a pair of 77ds's in their boxes, oh and a REL Stadium II sub). I wouldn't suggest purchasing the 773e's - they have a VERY limited bass performance below ~65Hz. You would be better off buying a pair of standmounters (say the 771e's) and putting more money into a better quality subwoofer. In the above configuration, the standmounters will handle all frequencies above 80-100Hz (dependant on x-over setting on amp) and the sub will handle all other duties. As for going gfor anything meatier, there is already a very long thread on this subject (started by uncle eric) which discusses the merits of both - take a read.

Joust

7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've changed my mind a little with regards to a sub, decided to go for the q100 instead of 150, will be more meatier but will it still be bassy enough to pair up with the missions?

Also joust, would you consider selling those 77ds's as i'm looking for a few second hand pairs?

Cheers

8. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Super,

Consider the CHT-10 for approx. 325 (see power buy forum) - will give a better result than the Q REL's (shouldn't be too big also).

As for the 77ds's - want to try them first. Originally bought so that I could go full 6.1 with a centre rear (may do so yet), but will be a pain in the butt to run the cables in (WAF problems:rolleyes: )

Joust