Pairing EPOS M22i's with amp Ideas

lakitu1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have searched the internet long and hard and come up with nothing. I was given an Audiolab 8000s from years back and it went bang and I want a replacement.

If I'm honest I am not clued up at all with what to pair these speakers with. I don't know what I'm looking for and I'm lost.

My budget is £1000 brand new or second hand. I place the speakers on spikes on a carpet. the room is 6m X 16m but obviously my listening area is smaller.

Any help would be really great as I don't just want to go out and buy an amp for 1K to find out it's not right at all.

I used to have a pair of the M22i's a few years back. Really nice speakers with a lovely finish. I moved back to standmounts so sold them on, but for the last 5 years I've had a pair of Epos Elan 30 floorstanders that I really love.

With a budget of £1k there is a lot of choice out there, but if it was me I'd go for a nice secondhand Creek Destiny 2 amp seeing as Epos and Creek are the same company and make a great combination. Something like this maybe?

Alternatively You could save yourself a few bob and go for a secondhand Creek Evo 2 instead which is more than up for the job.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Creek are often recommended for Epos speakers.

More importantly they have a hugely enviable reputation as simply a seriously first class audio engineering company.

This one will be nothing less than pretty wonderful I’m sure.

Creek Destiny 2 Integrated amplifier | eBay

Aha! I see I have merely restated Dibsters words. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom