• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pairing card

lyngarth

Standard Member
Hi
Just had my Ammy box replaced with a new Pace one, after phoning sky and telling them I was not happy with the old box, took 4 people before they said OK, but now it is here, fitted 8.30 this morning but I can't get my sport or movies.

The chap who fitted it did the card via the service menu and said it would take up to 24-48 hrs to work!!! and not to phone sky just to wait.

Is this right?? as I don't want to be without sky sports for the weekend.

So would it be ok to phone them, he did make a point of saying don't 2-3 times.

Cheers

Lyngarth

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
they que the update to the satellite normally happens in a couple of hours but can take 48 dont hassle them if you must ring ring and confirm they have the correct package info on your account (do your recording functions work?)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
lyngarth said:
The chap who fitted it did the card via the service menu and said it would take up to 24-48 hrs to work!!! and not to phone sky just to wait.

Sounds a bit "iffy" to me, there isn't a "service" menu, there is an "engineers" menu but AFAIK only Cust Services can pair the card...over the phone it usually takes a few mins...I would phone them.

lyngarth

Standard Member
JayCee said:
Sounds a bit "iffy" to me, there isn't a "service" menu,

Well not sure if it called that, but he did do it from the remote and on screen menu.

Anyway thanks for the reply, will give it an hour, and then ring sky up.

Cheers

Lyngarth

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
The last time they changed my box, it took about six hours before I got Movies and Sports Channels - you just need a little patience, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Martin.

gavan

lyngarth said:
Hi
Just had my Ammy box replaced with a new Pace one, after phoning sky and telling them I was not happy with the old box, took 4 people before they said OK, but now it is here, fitted 8.30 this morning but I can't get my sport or movies.

So would it be ok to phone them, he did make a point of saying don't 2-3 times.

Cheers

Lyngarth

It can take a little time to pair the card - seems random. The first time I paired my old digibox via the 'secret' installer menu, it came up in about half an hour.

When I got the Sky+ box it took about 3-4 hours after I called the call centre.

48 hours is a bit much though, if it isn't up after leaving the box overnight then definitely call Sky.

Gav

the_ape

Standard Member
Just 'upgraded' my Sky+ (from Gen1 to Gen 3) myself, and it took around 5 minutes just used the Engineers menu option. Got the old 'This is the incorect card for this Sky box please call us' did the engineers 'initial install' let it finish and job done, all working fine, the only thing that too a few minutes to enable was the recording.

stonking

I changed my box from sky to sky+ at the weekend. I phoned them, they did their stuff and within 30 seconds it was paired. Do it the easy way and just phone them(OK I did wait 10 minutes in a queue before I spoke to someone but then the whole process took less than 2 minutes. You do need to be standing at your TV so you can give them details).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom