Pairing a Panasonic Remote to TV

GaryExe

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have given my elderly parents a new tv to help them in this period of lockdown. They have a Panasonic freeview recorder which they use to control volume of their tv and turn it on and off. How do I pair this remote to the new TV it’s a Sony TV and the remote is an IR6 remote. Any help gratefully received. Many thanks. Gary.
in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Read post #4 in this thread.

:rtfm: It will tell you how and the correct code(s) to try.

But it seems they've kept the same method from back in their analogue DVD-recorder days.

Press and hold the red <TV on/off> button press <0><8> for the Sony code = 08. Release the power on/off button.

Check it then powers TV on/off and the volume and channel up/down buttons will _probably_ work, too.

Sorry to dust off an old thread, but I've just bought a replacement Panasonic remote for my Panny Blu-ray HDD Recorder, and it doesn't seem to want to pair with my Sony TV using the above method and code.

Further, it will only control 'Device 1', but I have another Panasonic DVD Recorder which the old remote could be switched to by pressing '2' and 'OK' for 5 seconds.

Before I return this remote as faulty, could it be that it's not meant to have these functions? It appears to be a genuine Panasonic remote, and is virtually identical to my old one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom