Question Pair Q Acoustic 3010 with a 3090i?

emptycup

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have limited space for speakers along the front unfortunately due to wife related requirements. The Q Acoustic 3010 speakers are just small enough for her tastes (the 3010i are slightly bigger - don't ask!). However, for the centre would it be worth sticking with the 3090 or spend a little more for the 3090i. The price difference between both ranges is quite significant.

Thanks in advance.

@Gasp3621

Thanks to Gasp3621 for providing some excellent advice via PM. Much appreciated.

I was in the same scenario, luckily the 3010 didn’t come in the colour she wanted so went for the 3010i now we have them the speakers kind of shrink like a big tv does.
Also they sound really good so maybe try and push if you can (but I feel your pain!).

Has anyone compared the 3010 Graphite with a 3010i black for colour match?

I ask as it looks like the 3010 have a black body and grill with a graphite front panel.

I have the 3020i in black and want to consider the 3010 Graphite as rears?

Hopefully OP doesn't mind me doing a little thread post :)

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all....I'm considering mixing the 3010s with. 3090i so interested too.

A pair of 3010is and a 3090ci ordered tonight. Thanks all.

I'm very interested in these speakers (3020i and 3090c with 3010i for surrounds probably) but don't want to lose out on Atmos capabilities, is there an easy option for adding Atmos if I went for these speakers? Ta

I've currently got an onkyo sksht588 Atmos package but to be honest it's pretty crap. I'd like some decent front speakers and the 3020i / 3090ci combination is very tempting in fact I'm about to order them. I will lose Atmos compatibility if I do although if I'm honest I've never really felt that Atmos has been working in my current setup so I'm not sure I'll lose much in that respect but I'm pretty sure I'll gain a lot in front soundstage quality by swapping to the q acoustics. How do you find them?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I've currently got an onkyo sksht588 Atmos package but to be honest it's pretty crap. I'd like some decent front speakers and the 3020i / 3090ci combination is very tempting in fact I'm about to order them. I will lose Atmos compatibility if I do although if I'm honest I've never really felt that Atmos has been working in my current setup so I'm not sure I'll lose much in that respect but I'm pretty sure I'll gain a lot in front soundstage quality by swapping to the q acoustics. How do you find them?
I find them fantastic. I also have a 2070si sub and not the 3070 that would come with some packages.
I previously had the Samsung N950 Atmos soundbar which was great at throwing sounds around. My current Denon 2500 Atmos amp is only running 5.1 and i dont feel i miss the extra channels.

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not bad if they are ÂŁ20 a pair and adequate..they look cheap and nasty, small magnet, cheap spring terminals, no thanks. then i scrolled down to see they're ÂŁ70 each!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
So...the speakers arrived -3010i and 3090 ci. In the box there are a couple of cylindrical sponges that look like they belong somewhere but can't see reference to them in the manual. I've posted the picture below. Sure I'm being thick.....

IMG_20200603_184340.jpg

So...the speakers arrived -3010i and 3090 ci. In the box there are a couple of cylindrical sponges that look like they belong somewhere but can't see reference to them in the manual. I've posted the picture below. Sure I'm being thick.....

View attachment 1311526
Not being a thick at all. :smashin:

At the rear you have port holes and they are for the holes if you need to use them. If you place your speakers close to a wall or surface then you may get booming and these will help reduce or remove that.

Cheers Carl

Nice. Thanks for that. Thought they may have been some sort of anti-kid device to stop small toys being crammed in there!

Just to add I now have my Graphite 3010 speakers as my rears and they are blending in perfectly. It is only the front face that is Graphite colour and the main body is black.
Very pleased.
Carl

if you use try them out be careful not to.push them in too much or they'll be difficult to get out without taking the speaker apart.

I've noticed that my front left speaker is making an odd rattling sounds at times. Normally happens whenever there is a rumbling sound on film e.g. heavy door sliding open, large tank rolling by etc.

I've rechecked the connection but it is still there. The speaker sounds a bit like stacked plates rattling.

Ignore. I'll post it in a different sub thread.

Have you removed the speaker and confirmed nothing is rattling around inside?

I can't hear anything rolling around in there.

Swap the left and right speakers around. If the other speaker doesn't make this rattling noise then there's more chance it's something wrong with the speaker or the stand.

As suggested above, see if you can open it the speaker and see if any part is loose. Check the stand/mount/bracket isn't loose.

Just swapped then around and it is now on the right. When I listen closely there is a low level rumbling noise that underruns any audio going through it as well as the rattle.

Just swapped then around and it is now on the right. When I listen closely there is a low level rumbling noise that underruns any audio going through it as well as the rattle.
You probably got a faulty speaker. Get them exchanged.
Carl

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom