• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pair of Kef eggs as PC speakers?

paulr

Hi,

I listen to a lot of music (MP3) whilst on my pc and was thinking of hooking a pair of Keff eggs to an old amp i have connected to my pc.
Any thoughts,what do you have in the way of an audio set-up.

(not looking for a 5.1,just a good looking audio set-up)

probedb

Banned
Don't see any probs with this though you'd want the sub in there as well. The eggs are only the satellite part of a sub/sat system.

I just have a cheap Creative sub/sat system hooked up at the mo.

neilmcl

If you already own the Kefs then why not but if you're thinking of buying them just as decent stereo speakers for a PC, you could probably buy better audio specific, rather than home cinema, speakers for the same amount of money. You should get a better response asking this in the speaker forum.

paulr

I know what you're saying.I just think the Kef's will look good either side of my LCd for my pc,whereas normal speakers wont.

Dokken

Don't worry about it, the kef eggs will look great next to your lcd, you don't need a sub because the kef eggs produce there own bass and there are excellent speakers for music as well as movies. I've had the mk1 versions for a few years (full sub/sat system) and use the fronts left and right when listening to music.

Fat Tony

Dokken said:
Don't worry about it, the kef eggs will look great next to your lcd, you don't need a sub because the kef eggs produce there own bass and there are excellent speakers for music as well as movies. I've had the mk1 versions for a few years (full sub/sat system) and use the fronts left and right when listening to music.
I agree with Dokken. They do produce some bass* (also not that low) and the overall sound quality smashes most pc speakers to pieces, so this would be fine. You may want to keep your eye out for a cheap second hand sub ... that really would improve things, if you felt this was necessary.

I actually find they produce enough bass to watch most 'normal' programmes (eg such the news, kids tv/cartoons, etc) so I switch off the Kef subwoofer (in my 5.1 set-up). I only switch on the sub for films, drama (CSI, Dazeil & Pascoe), etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom