*painty* or *computerised* image?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by samhassall, May 10, 2001.

1. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the lack of proper terminology, but when watching a DVD using my laptop (Samsung GT7000) to my widescreen TV (Toshiba 28WD98B)the image looks a bit like it has been painted or almost computerised, therefore not very sharp or as clear as I had hoped. I am watching it with the PC set to NTSC so I can get a full 16:9 screen, and using am using an ATI 3.20 player. Can anyone help? :(

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    try upping the desktop bit-depth (and the player if it has a seperate option) aim for 16bit and see what happens. Alternatively it might be a problem with the output side of your card dropping back into 6bit or something.

Also I had terrible problems with powerdvd under W2K ( crunched blacks posterisation). going to Windvd 2000 solved all these issues.

Also are you converting to a PAL 625/50 image from a 525/60 formatted disc? This might be the culpret.

100Hz TVs also produce posterisation in the main.