Paintshop Pro x3 anyone ?

Clownfish

Established Member
Reaction score
Dixons have it for £33.97 + free p&p at the moment. It is very hard to find. Search for 'Corel'. It is the full version. That is about £20 cheaper than anywhere else.
Does anyone have it? Is it any good ?

Dixons have it for £33.97 + free p&p at the moment. It is very hard to find. Search for 'Corel'. It is the full version. That is about £20 cheaper than anywhere else.

I have PSP X2 and it's much better than PSP X, but I really could do with PS CS4 in order to simplify my workflow as CS2 doesn't open .ARW files. Problem is it costs too much :( s am having to use Sony IDC and transfer to CS2 as a .TIF and save as .JPG. I can't b ar:censored:d converting .ARW to .DNG.

Last edited:

I used this on PC with Windows 7 64bit and it just kept crashing mid edit................ended up sending back to Amazon. Now using free stuff including Gimp2

icemanonline

its no worse than buying student copies when not a student like some people on here do.

pay what you can aford to pay, its in adobes best intrest anyway.

its no worse than buying student copies when not a student like some people on here do.

pay what you can aford to pay, its in adobes best intrest anyway.

Weetsie - at least they're paying something for it and not just ripping it off, and having a student in the household meets the requirements set out by the Adobe Licensing :mad:

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
im not doing anyone over.

if it wasn't possible for me to use photoshop for free i wouldn't buy it, i cant afford it so adobe is not losing out. adobe, even though they wont admit it are just glad i use there software.

im not being daft and im not doing anyone over.

if it wasn't possible for me to use photoshop for free i wouldn't buy it, i cant afford it so adobe is not losing out. adobe, even though they wont admit it are just glad i use there software.

You're just twisting it to justify your personal decision - at the end of the day the people who currently pay for the product are no less "entitled" to "use it for free" than you and if "everybody" paid for it the perhaps the price would actually come down and there's be no need for an "Elements" product - next time your down the Off-Licence and can't afford a £100 bottle of wine just help yourself and see how far you get with your "Weetsie-Economic-Principle" :suicide:

Nuff said already

Jim

Guys lets keep on topic pls

I fully agree software should be paid for, although it can be argued that if the companies made it more affordable , there would be less incentive to "borrow" and Adobe arguably substantially charge more here in the UK than in North America ( and that is before our VAT which is going up to 20%..:mad: )

Sure, P2P happens: AVF just happen not to sing its praises

FWIW, there is nothing wrong with Elements..:) I do have CS4 and Elements and LR....
I use LR 95% of the time..:blush:

and Some CS5 versions( Premiere) now only work with 64 bit

Last edited:
I would buy Elements if you can afford the extra £30. All the magazines use it and there are plenty of websites offering extra support.

As regards software being more expensive here, that's the way of the world. There is no argument for stealing being justified due to price differences. If you can't afford it then you can't have it, it really is that simple.
Petrol is more expensive in the UK than America so are you saying it's ok to borrow it from other cars.

Like I said, by Photoshop Elements 8 and you will not regret it.

I would buy Elements if you can afford the extra £30. All the magazines use it and there are plenty of websites offering extra support.
Agree , and there are many workabouts for the Photohop specific functions (if you need them)

As regards software being more expensive here, that's the way of the world. There is no argument for stealing being justified due to price differences.
There was no suggestion at all that "stealing" was justified, I was playing devils advocate
It is just an observation that "borrowing" by some ( justified or not) , may be related to corporate greed in pricing

Petrol is more expensive in the UK than America so are you saying it's ok to borrow it from other cars.
Implying that those who "borrow" are using software bought by others...? Its not that simple and infact sometimes you cannot even install your own purchased software on more than one computer

AVF stance on pirated software P2P ect is clear but there is nothing wrong in protesting about disproportionate costs of software from the same company ( in different countries) even where is a software download ( no distribution costs) just accepting it is a poor option insofar as " stealing " is not the answer

An example would be that Blu ray discs are such a hassle to duplicate that it is easier to buy them 2nd hand at Block buster for less than a tenner

Like I said, by Photoshop Elements 8 and you will not regret it.
Once again Agree or even Ver 7 if you can get it for not a lot

Last edited:
There was no suggestion at all that "stealing" was justified, I was playing devils advocate
sometimes you cannot even install your own purchased software on more than one computer

If those are the terms and conditions then you have the choice to accept or decline them.

there is nothing wrong in protesting about disproportionate costs of software from the same company even where is a software download ( no distribution costs) just accepting it is not an option insofar as " stealing " is not the answer

I assume that different countries have different business rates. You don't have to accept the cost differences if you choose not to buy it. Like I said in my earlier post, lots of thinks are cheaper or more expensive in different countries.

Guys lets keep on topic pls

I fully agree software should be paid for,...
As one who buys and actually gets a lot of freebies off the companies, I still tell them to look at their T&C and pricing
Many times they can still post a healthy balance sheet with a little less . especially when the software shifts in large nos
I have been involved in procuring several hundreds of some software and although I buy on behalf of the NHS you do have to question VFM at all time
Simply accepting any T and C and Price is (IMHO) allowing corporate greed to get comfortable
and
Yes i did live in the US for 10 years and know that some things are cheaper and costlier there but in relation to downloadable software from a common server this is less justifiable IMO

Anyway this is really:offtopic::oops:

Last edited:
Agree off topic, agree Elements is the way to go regarding the thread.:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom