• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

paintless dent removal companies

co55ie

the results are dependant on the dent itself and the skill of the person doing the job. Most wont charge if the dent isnt removable.

One word of caution is to make sure you repaint the inside of the panel thats been worked on as the rod tips used to remove the dent can scratch off the paint allowing the panel to rust from inside out a simple squirt with some underseal will prevent this.

If you get a decent person to do the job the results will be unoticeable and far better than using traditional bodyshop techniques as the original paint is left intact.

essjay

Not used them for dent removal but have to remove scuff marks from my wheels.

Scuff was about 4" long a chap came out to asses the damge gave me a quote yes go ahead, he then came back couple of days later took him about 90 mins, you can't even see where the damage was.

cracking job can reconmend them if you are in Manchester

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
A guy from a franchise called

Dent Devils

came to our owrk site, he was honest and explained clearly what stuff he could AND couldnt do (sadly he couldnt do my damage) but he DID do a great job on some friends cars.

iirc he wanted £60 a panel but that was 2 year ago and am not certain but i think that was a special offer as he had a whole load of work to do all in 1 place (never seen such a bunch of nice cars but with sorry dents all in 1 place (outside of a bodyshop!!!).

if you do decide to go that way, see if you cant get a group of you together and get it done at work. Think of it like this, with 1 days work all in 1 place they will make a killing with no travelling, so makes sense to give a discount.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
found a company local to me (teesside), its called just dents , 07968 544965 ( darren ) or 07753 335917 ( paul ) , www.justdentsuk.com , charged £60 to get a crease out of the wing , a dent out of the bonnet and 5 out of the roof , took him an hour and to honest you cannot tell the roof was dented and the wing is about 99% perfect , chuffed to bits i am :rotfl:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
wow sounds like a bargian!! wish he was closer to me, i am always denting my coupe, damn shopping car parks :mad:

*just to confirm...... I am NOT denting my coupe in shopping car parks, other ignorant prats are!!!!*

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
proper bargain , a garage based dent removal company was looking to charge over £200 for the same work , wanted to remove the headlining and wheel arch liner , now i have seen with my own eyes that it does not need to be the case the garage was trying to have me over methinks :nono::nono::nono::nono:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
proper bargain , a garage based dent removal company was looking to charge over £200 for the same work , wanted to remove the headlining and wheel arch liner , now i have seen with my own eyes that it does not need to be the case the garage was trying to have me over methinks :nono::nono::nono::nono:

excellent.

Having siad that, the garage probably were not trying to rip you off, they were just doing it the old school way of getting at the panel properly.

I wouldnt go that route but technically you may get a better job that way and there is no risk of damaging the back of your panel.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
You could have done it yourself for much,much less ; clicky

:smashin:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
cool.... has anyone tried it?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
excellent.

Having said that, the garage probably were not trying to rip you off, they were just doing it the old school way of getting at the panel properly.

I wouldnt go that route but technically you may get a better job that way and there is no risk of damaging the back of your panel.

to be honest i think they were trying it on after seeing how daz sorted mine , all he needed to do was to pull the door seal trim down and slide the tool in between the headlining and inside of the roof and the same for the front wing , what i suspect would have happened at the garage would have been the old trick of leave it for the day so you couldnt see what was going on and therefore believe what you were told at the estimate stage !!!!!! , it took about an hour at the roadside for £60 , i wish i could get £60 / hour !!!!! , if it had gone to the garage they would have got £250 ish / hour !!!!!!! , there is definitely no fear of broken paint as all the tools he used had plastic / rubber ends on them that would not damage the paint in any way shape or form :)

You could have done it yourself for much,much less ; clicky

:smashin:

class , wouldnt have got the the crease out of my wing though !!!!!!!! :rotfl:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
lol! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom