Painting kitchen unit doors

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Decided to have a go at painting the kitchen unit doors.

Any tips appreciated from people who have already had a go. I suspect a good cleaning to get the grease off is first on the list!

Materials needed, type of paint, brush or roller? etc

Also, do people take the doors off, or paint them in situe?

Thanks in advance.

Vitalija

There is a special primer that gives a base coat on any surface.I forget the name of it but anyone at B&Q etc will know.
Take the doors off or you'll get in a mess.Oh,and don't think it's a small job,it's not.I'll never do it again.:thumbsup:

CooperUK

Depending on your budget, it may be worth you looking in B&Q or Ikea for replacement doors and drawer fronts instead, as you will get a much better finish without quite a bit of the hassle.

Ikea are excellent for prices. We re-did our entire kitchen (including carcasses for cupboards etc) for less than 1200 quid.

For £300-400 you could replace the doors/drawers.

More expensive than paint I know, but another possibility nonetheless.

A

av2diefor

CooperUK said:
Depending on your budget, it may be worth you looking in B&Q or Ikea for replacement doors and drawer fronts instead, as you will get a much better finish without quite a bit of the hassle.

Ikea are excellent for prices. We re-did our entire kitchen (including carcasses for cupboards etc) for less than 1200 quid.

For £300-400 you could replace the doors/drawers.

More expensive than paint I know, but another possibility nonetheless.

Thats the way i would do it,thankless task painting cupboard doors.

I once had a customer who had mahogany wardrobes fitted at a cost of £6k,he then had a decorator paint them cream....:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom