1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting Kef 2005.2 speaker grilles?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by balders, Mar 11, 2004.

1. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Any potential problems with poping off the metal speaker grilles of my Kef 2005's and spraying them to match the speaker unit? Has anyone tried it?

My living room's quite pale, and the black grilles do tend stand out somewhat. I thought a few thin coats of spray paint could make them a little more subtle.

Does any know if the front grilles can be taken off without dismantling the speaker (which I don't want to do). From the 2005's info page on the kef web site, it looks like they push on from the outside. They do seem quite well fixed in though.

Thanks,

Balders.

2. ~Kev H~

~Kev H~
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you manage to get the grills off, you'd probably want to make sure its the thinnest layer of paint you can possibly apply to ensure it doesnt affect the way the sound passes through the grill.

As they're metal grills... have you thought about removing the black paint thats been put on them?? Do it right and the bare metal would look pretty neat dont you think?

Kev

3. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Good idea, Kev H, that would look pretty good.

If I can get my hands on some 'spare' grilles I might give it a try.

Does anyone know if you can get spare grilles for 2005's?

Balders.