Painting Ceiling Speaker Grills

archie2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided to paint my in-ceiling speaker grills the same colour as the ceiling. I still have some of the original paint left, but I'm not sure of the best method of painting the grills.
Spraying them would be the best way, but I don't know how to go about using the existing paint for this as it is quite thick. Using a brush would not look too neat I guess, so that just leaves using a small roller. I am worried about blocking the holes in the grill as I'm sure that this will impair the sound.
Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcome.

image.jpeg

I assume its water based paint? In which case you could water it down and use a HVLP paint system to spray apply the paint. Don't do it with a roller it will not come out right.

Or just get a tin of spray paint to match as close as possible.

The speakers are never going to be invisible, so I would probably spray them a slightly darker grey colour anyway, to give it some contrast. :smashin:

Dan.

Sorted!
Fortunately B&Q do a matching spray paint for the original emulsion I used for the ceiling, so it was relatively easy in the end.

image.jpeg

I use them as my Top Middle Atmos speakers. Purely for films, etc. But I guess they would be suitable for music too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom