Paint Schemes

Chaos Star

Have noticed that many members are intersted in painting their dedicated home cinema room (even living room - other half permiting :) ) a dark colour to increase contrast and reduce light bounce from projector - thought it may be a good idea to have a sticky thread with pictures of members rooms and there colour schemes.

Im currently about to create a dediacted room (finally after getting a flat and frustrating looking at boxes of av equipment for 10 months), willing to post pictures if anyones interested and would greatly appreciate a quick resources for effective colours to paint my room.

So lets see whos got the funkiest and most effective room.

Thinking of a dark purple and grey ceiling at the moment, but would love to see what others have plumped for in their home cinema rooms.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
I went for Dark Blue on home cinema #1 and I'll be sticking to that for #2.

Chaos Star

Originally posted by Spectre
I see Picture House 3 is coming along nicely – Just checked out the blue of your second install – looks good. Probably go for blue or purple at the moment in a dark matt tone – I’m on a limited budget so I’m going to see what paints are on special offer and just take a chance on one – cant wait to get the room up and running :D as my PTAE-100 has basically sat in a box since I bought it about 8 months ago.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I used Kodak 18% grey for the upper walls and ceiling. Dulux will mix it for you - 6000n is the colour code IIRC.

It neutralises any reflected light so that it doesn't noticably affect or wash out the screen if that's going to happen in your room. I chose the colour as I didn't want the dungeon look that black would give, though I do have a black (carpeted) screen wall. I also used grey carpet for the lower walls.

Pics on my website if you're interested.

Gary.

Chaos Star

Cinema rooms looks excellent gary - I think I might use the 6000n for the ceiling and have a slightly brighter colour for the walls - I will post up some pics once its finished - should give some one a chuckle :smashin:

Chaos Star

Fufna - was very tempted to copy the colour you used as its dark but still looks pretty much like a normal room - but going to have to go for something different - purple and grey top of the list at the moment.

F

fufna

Originally posted by Piero Milani
Fufna - was very tempted to copy the colour you used as its dark but still looks pretty much like a normal room - but going to have to go for something different - purple and grey top of the list at the moment.
Very cinema-like, you could go very plush with purple and grey.
How about purple velvet screen-wall curtains?

I'm waiting to install my brown velvet screen curtains at the moment... Purple ones would look top:smashin:

Chaos Star

Purple velevt curtains maybe taking it a bit far for me at the moment as Im short of funds - good idea for future though - my rooms small though - 13 By 9 So maybe a bit much.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom