paint front of sky plus box?

micks_address

Hi Folks,

my wife is complaining that the sky plus box is the only silver box now with the telly and receiver being black.. she has even suggested we get the hd box so all the kit matches :) unfortunately there's no way we can afford hd at the moment :( .. so i was wondering if there is any safe way to paint the sky plus box.. or if there's any 'skins' available for them? its a pace version 2 box.. i guess if i was careful and masked everything carefully, buttons and led's i wouldnt do to much harm with a spray can?

cheers,
mick

AVZippy

Standard Member
I have no experience of painting a box. What about the sticky backed plastic material (that can be used in sign making). I think that you can get it from hobbiest/art shops.:)

marky2027

Had sky+ few months now and we had same discussion in our house. Our new Sony LCd and home theatre are black and sky+ box does stand out. Even thought about Hd box coz it does look much more with the times and black and silver but then the price was an issue and stuck to standard +box. Brave man to attack your box with a tin of aerosol!! Let me know if you have any joy mate!!

Cluelessjock

Standard Member
Hi Folks,

my wife is complaining that the sky plus box is the only silver box now with the telly and receiver being black.. she has even suggested we get the hd box so all the kit matches :) unfortunately there's no way we can afford hd at the moment :( .. so i was wondering if there is any safe way to paint the sky plus box.. or if there's any 'skins' available for them? its a pace version 2 box.. i guess if i was careful and masked everything carefully, buttons and led's i wouldnt do to much harm with a spray can?

cheers,
mick

How about buying a Sky HD box on the web but not subscribing to the HD channels (you would get BBC HD though)?

A

alternate

Getting it to look right needs some experience spray painting and is going to cost ya.

aliasojo

Purely from my simple female point of view......that looks ugly.

The black HD box is much nicer, so either save up or stay white/silver. :D

skysterose

Standard Member
I alos think my box looks ugly and i have started a site to offer designer box skins , I hope this helps but i realise this is a old thread !!!
Thanks
Ste :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom