1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint a plain white blind?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pete Delaney, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

Here's an idea that I'm pondering. I have recently moved house and my Draper screen was too large for the wall. As a solution I purchased a plain white 6ft blind to use as a screen( as wall is anaglypta and full of bumps!). The picture quality is ok but a lot of the brightness is apsorbed by the material. Does it sound plausible/sensible to paint the fabric with a suitable fabric paint? At the moment the piccy is ok but it was a lot better when projected directly onto the wall (although the bumps in the paper rendered this option redundant).

Any thoughts or past experiences would be welcomed :rolleyes:

Pete....

2. Cheddies

Cheddies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is the blind a blackout blind?, if not it will be letting light seep through (look behind the blind and see if you can see this) if so try painting the backl of the blind black or silver, may help.

3. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not a blackout blind and yes some light is getting through. However, if I press the material up against the wall the image does not get brighter. The material has very little reflective quality compared to even a matt painted wall. I am not sure if painting the back of it would help, based on my experiment of pressing the material against the wall (which you would think would have a similar effect as painting the back of the material). Mmmm not sure what to do here....

Thank you for your thoughts though,

Pete.... :rolleyes: