painkiller

john R1

Ex Member
Reaction score
is anyone playing this game have got to chapter 5 on level 1 in the graveyard can't get the boss to come out " any ideas "

You don't need to get him to come out he should be standing there as you start the level !!
This actually happen to me once and I was roaming around the graveyard for 5 minutes scratching my head, I guessed it was a glitch and reloaded the level and he was back !!
I'm guessing your also experiencing some kind of glitch in the game, I'd recommend you patch the game. If that fails, copy and paste your savegames onto floppy and uninstall the game and then reinstall it.
Pray that you never see him because he is one hard b@stard :mad: :mad: :mad:

:hiya:

Thanks for your reply, but not very good at understanding pc terms.

How do you 'patch' the game please?:confused: :confused:

Cheers

John

A "patch" is an update to a game to repair bugs and glitches, why they can't ship the game in a proper working condition at the start beats me :rolleyes:
Go here to patch the game

:hiya:

taffyboyo have downloaded the patch which is now in my desktop have tried running the game from launching on both the original painkiller and the download still no boss appearing in level 1, should i be doing anything else many thanks for your help anyway am using disc 3 by the way as there was a note in the box which said launch game from disc 3

You've downloaded the patch and installed it on your computer :thumbsup:
It still isn't working you say :(
All I can suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the game and repatching it. Copy and paste the save games on floppy to save you having to start from scratch. You can do this by entering the painkiller folder in the C drive.
If it's still the same after this, I suggest you contact the helpline :rolleyes:

:clown: :clown: :clown:

have tried every thing you have suggested had to download the saves and the the patch onto cd don't have floppy drive still no joy uninstalled and re-installed twice will contact play to ask for a replacement game cheers anyway johnr1

To be honest John, I doubt there is anything wrong with the actual game. I meant you should contact the helpline of the manufacturer, they might have some other ideas, have a look at the back of the painkiller manual there might be an e-mail address or phone number for technical queries. You could try updating your graphics card driver or directX9. Try tweaking the settings in the graphics menu. It scandalous that peolple still have to go to such lengths to get their games to play on pc's :mad: :mad: :mad:

have upgraded to 9x not sure about tweaking graphics card am running ati radion 9800xxl computer is only a few weeks old will try to contact the makers

sent my problem to technical dept of dreamcatcher, there reply was there should be some action, or item, thats not been done in a previous level is the reason the boss does not appear, but they can not tell me what to do what great support form the people that made the game sending it back for a refund and will be buying far cry instead

HUH :confused: :confused:
Sounds to me like they were fobbing you off John :clown: :clown:
I can't blame you for sending it back, pity though because it is a hell of a good game if you get it to work properly. I have a 3.0Ghz with a Radeon 9800 and 512mb of Rambus and I still have to run the game on medium settings :eek: :eek:

:hiya: :hiya: :hiya:

Originally posted by john R1
sending it back for a refund and will be buying far cry instead

Good choice:smashin:

Can be damned hard though but it has become the fps benchmark all others now have to beat on playability and graphically imo:thumbsup:

have not sent it back yet, have downloaded the patch to a cd have no floppy drive how do i get it to the painkiller file, also have found boss man my boy is the one playing the game and he has been overwriting his saves, clicked on auto saves opened level from there and the boss man was there in the picture, only other problem i have now is sometimes when you launch game its clicks back to my desktop page hope the patch helps with that glitch,

It should be a self extracting file that updates your Painkiller files automatically. If it's not self extracting then you'll have to unzip the file into a seperate folder and double click on setup.exe or similar file.
That's how other games are usually patched but since I do not own a copy of painkiller and haven't had to install the patch I don't know the exact format to install it.

the file can be downloaded here and other details about the install and the issues resolved can be found here:-

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/painkiller/painkiller_update_v1.15.exe.html#Help

stuck on same level the boss is walking round but how do i kill him ?????

You shoot him with everything you have :devil: :devil:
There is a health meter at the top, keep an eye on this, when he only has about 25% health, he will start tossing you around with his twisters :rolleyes:
It's not easy, but very Satisfying when he finally succumbs, good luck :hiya:

i had 6 goes and give up, my 12yr old came in just kept firing at him hid between his legs when he threw out the tornados and killed him on the first attempt

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I see Painkiller Gold Edition is now $10 for one week only. Has anyone who has played this thinks it's worth playing, even though it's three years old now?

I hate Steam, I'm buying games I would never have done otherwise!

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I see Painkiller Gold Edition is now $10 for one week only. Has anyone who has played this thinks it's worth playing, even though it's three years old now?

I hate Steam, I'm buying games I would never have done otherwise!

I hated it. It seemed so repetitive and gave me a headache. I wouldn't pay £1 for it. :thumbsdow

Oh dear, I was thinking I may just go for a punt, but maybe now I won't bother...

Well the cheap price meant that I ended up ordering it and I have to say it's quite fun so far. There's nothing complex about this game, it kind of reminds of Doom/Quake/ Serious Sam in that you just shoot everything that moves. The graphics are quite good and it's nice to see such an old game support widescreen resolutions (a big plus point in my book). All in all I'm quite pleased so far, especially since it only cost $11.69!

Glad you like it mate. I love the other games you have mentioned but I just couldnt get along with this one.

Steam are cheeky buggers they never advertise their games with the tax added on. :rolleyes:

I know, I'd certainly like a bit more transparency on pricing before I buy. I always keep my VAT calculation handy whenever looking to buy.

Has anyone downloaded the Painkiller: Overdose demo which has just been released?

I have, it looks rather dated and the enemy AI is restricted to the charge-straight-at-you school. A lot of weapons but ammo is in short supply. Something likeable about the American Civil War zombies and the huge armoured train (even if its disappointingly easy to kill) but the second level is just dull. Its no mass slaughter festival in the way Serious Sam was and the enemy are far too thick to give FEAR players a challenge. As a budget purchase if you're desperately bored then maybe its worthwhile. I've still got the original game in and never got round to playing it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom