Painkiller Jane: Starts April 13th in US

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen a few promos for this knocking about, not to sure about it at the mo but might be worth a watch?

Painkiller Jane

In the near future — with the world locked in an escalating battle against terrorism and beleaguered by social and economic unrest — an unlikely hero has emerged: Jane Vasko, a.k.a. Painkiller Jane (Kristanna Loken).

Once the DEA's top agent, Jane Vasko is formidable, both mentally and physically. As a child, her father nicknamed her Painkiller Jane, describing her ability to mentally push through even the most painful situations. But her strength is about to be tested.

Jane is recruited by a covert government agency dedicated to containing and, if necessary, neutralizing the threat of "Neuros" — individuals with superhuman neurological powers. No one knows what caused the aberrations that led to their enhanced abilities, which range from from telekinesis and telepathic suggestion to induced hallucinations.

During her first investigation with her new team, Jane discovers that she too possesses an odd ability: she can't be killed. Unfortunately, she can still feel pain. Her newfound powers make Jane even more determined to learn everything there is to know about Neuros.

Seldom malicious, Neuros often can't control their powers. Consequently, they tend to leave a trail of death and destruction. To prevent a panic, the government has kept the discovery of Neuros a secret, assembling a covert unit to identify and contain Neuros.

Operating from a secure abandoned subway platform, the core members of the unit are Andre McBride (Rob Stewart), the seasoned team leader; Connor King (Noah Danby), a special agent regularly armed with a smart remark; Riley Jensen (Sean Owen Roberts), an evolved computer whiz in charge of surveillance and communications; Dr. Seth Carpenter (Stephen Lobo), the unit's doctor and scientist; Joe Waterman (Nathaniel Deveaux), the middle-aged caretaker of the subway; and Maureen Bowers (Alaina Huffman), Jane's former DEA partner and friend, who, like Jane, was recruited after discovering top-secret information about Neuros.

Painkiller Jane is based on the comic-book series of the same name created by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.

Starts April 13th in the US.

Sky keep showing the pilot TV movie on Sky Movies that sort of lead to this. The powers that be seem to have altered it a bit and changed the lead actress. But the movie was an okay way to spend an hour and a half when you didn't have anything better to do. Shame they changed the lead, she was quite good and a dead ringer for the deputy in Eureka. So much so I was sure it was her till I looked it up on the IMDB.

Regards

Mark

Sounds good - any idea if it will come to the UK?

Sounds along similar lines as Heroes, hope it's different enough but still good enough to watch, and not axed after a few episodes.

I think the decision to bring it to the UK will largely depend on it's reception in the USA.

It will almost certainly come to the UK, and I wouldn't mind betting at this point that it will turn up on Bravo.

Hi,

Having done some research around the Net, it seems that the show will either go to Bravo, the Sci-Fi Channel or even possibly LivingTV! The reason? Well, it seems that "PAINKILLER JANE" has a healthy following amongst gay women in the USA! Not knowing much about the show, I can't say why this is, but if the Tv executives at Living are looking for a show that will fit "THE L-WORD's" place in their schedules for the moment, they could snap this show up!

Pooch

Hi,

Having done some research around the Net, it seems that the show will either go to Bravo, the Sci-Fi Channel or even possibly LivingTV! The reason? Well, it seems that "PAINKILLER JANE" has a healthy following amongst gay women in the USA! Not knowing much about the show, I can't say why this is, but if the Tv executives at Living are looking for a show that will fit "THE L-WORD's" place in their schedules for the moment, they could snap this show up!

Pooch

Well i guess Terminator 3 lady is quite easy on the eyes :)

Saw T3 the other night and whilst the movie itself isn't that remarkable (hence why I forgot I'd seen it already) I agree with you on the babe.

This Painkiller Jane might be worth a look afterall :devil:

Pilot available to dl for those that dont live in the US and cant wait til it comes over here.

LOL i started the thread and i forgot it was starting! :suicide:

Bit of a mixed bag over at metacritic

Watched this before work and it was.....watchable

Might be a bit of a slow starter, the story and plot and everything are good, its just Jane herself not sure whether im buying her as a character just yet.

The whole narration thing reminded me of the woman in Queen of the Damned, really slow dark almost evil voice over i like that bit, but Loken is a bit stiff, maybe shes still in Terminator mode? Thinking about it her charcters alot like T3 role invincible and stuff just now she feels the "pain"

One to watch maybe but not got great expectations or anything.

Episode 2 up to download now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom