• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PacMan - High Score Thread.

Cowden_harley

Code:
[U][B]Gamertag              Score           Date[/B][/U]
Bounty Bob              648,000     12/12/06
Runam0k                   44,320     19/10/06
Andy 83                    33,900      08/09/06
Zizuum                     26,090      01/09/06
Fleeting                    25,000     10/09/06
Tetlee                      20,170     15/09/06
Benbo96                   12,910     22/08/06
SNEAKY STEVEO         11,970        14/09/06
AgentCool                    7650        09/08/06

bishman

It was one that never really grabbed me back in the day but has become a firm favourite over time. :thumbsup:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
bishman said:
Not long now. Anyone else definately going to be getting this?

I'll be purchasing this one, if mainly for the gf. You never know though, it might just grab me again too.

bishman

Anyone played it yet? Any scores to chase? What's the current #1 score on the leaderboard?

MWP1985

I've had a few games on Pac-Man now and it's pretty good; essentially what you'd expect from Pac-Man. The ghosts seem a bit more intelligent now too, but that might just be me being rubbish (high score of 7650).

I find playing with the analogue stick is preferable to the D-pad as it all but eliminates the possibility of making mistakes. The D-pad isn't particularly accurate sometimes as we found out with SFII but the analogue stick seems to replicate the arcade stick relatively successfully.

I'll definitely be playing this one a fair bit.

MWP1985

Oh, and the leaderboard high score is currently around the 65,000 mark.

bishman

Just been home for my Wednesday lunch time download and 1 game session. :)

Got 28,260 which is far short of my personal best, so I promise to do better later. To be fair I did have 5 baddies to contend with. The 4 on screen and my 20 month old toddler! :D

As far as the ghosts go, they're no more intelligent now than they were 20 years ago. Whether that means you are rubbish or not I cannot say. ;)

And the top score is now about 101k.

TheBiGW

Can't see myself playing this one after the letdown that was Galaga. Does this let you start at the last level you got to the same as Galaga does?

bishman

I believe it does, from the very quick go I had it seemed to have a functionally identical interface. That doesn't mean you have to use the option though does it? I can't see why that feature would stop you playing Galaga.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Just noticed your gamercard Bish - every game an XBLA game :).

bishman

Hehe, hadn't noticed that myself but it doesn't surprise me. Even better is that the last full priced game I played was Ridge Racer on 2nd August. I only loaded that up for a little refresher on Pacman! :rotfl:

Before that my last full priced game was played on 14th July!

runam0k

I'm just over 20,000. All these arcade games seem a lot tougher now than they did way back when...

#1 is now > 300,000. I doubt I'll be catching that score.

That's the crazy thing about Live, there are people who will literally master one or two games. For a general/casual gamer like myself, global leaderboards become irrelevant. Thankfully friends list leaderboards make it all worth while.

bishman

runam0k said:
#1 is now > 300,000. I doubt I'll be catching that score.
I saw that, not sure if I can make it that far. My best ever is about 150,000 so it's a fair way off. I would have got well over 100,000 last night but I spent too long dying before level 5 and resetting. Once I can get to level 5 I have a route that takes about 60% of the dots with no danger and can then usually clean up the remainder. I'll try tonight without putting so much imortance on getting through 1-4 with all my lives.

I know I could start from level 5 but that's not really the spirit of the game. Not only that but I lose out on 30-40,000 points if I do that and that's not right.

Cowden_harley

bishman that is ridiculous. ill uupdate the first post tomorrow with all scores. Im finding the controls a bit poor though :-( Never mind.

shocket

Standard Member
Love the game but i am absolutley :censored: , i dont remember it being this tough when i was 14, old age ....dont you just love it!

bishman

shocket said:
Love the game but i am absolutley :censored: , i dont remember it being this tough when i was 14, old age ....dont you just love it!
:rotfl: So, what's your current high score and how much could you get in the old days?

shocket

Standard Member
My current high score is to embarassing to list and as for my old highest its far too long ago to remember but i can recall getting fairly good and my 10p went a hell of alot further than it would if i had to pay per play now, i would like to think i will play it alot more to build it up again but as they have just put poker on the arcade i think my time will be somewhat consumed on that.(good excuse eh!)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom