Packard Bell TV100 problem...

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Picked up one of these TV/capture cards today, great package but got a problem with it. I'm using the S-video input and have a green bar down the right hand side of the video, this is in both the FlyVideo software and also in Dscaler. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so is there a fix or have I got a duff card? I haven't tried any other inputs btw and the source is a camcorder with S-video output and the green bar isn't on the tape as it doesn't appear on the camcorder LCD screen.

Cheers,
Andy.

Sounds like a duff card:(

Yeah, certainly looks that way, apart from the green stripe down the right hand side everything is fine so I can't imagine it's a driver problem or anything like that. Think I'll take it back and try another one..

Cheers,
Andy.

Well....changed it for a new one tonight and the new one is exactly the same! Green stripe down the right hand side of the video. Think I need to try some different sources and see if it's the same with them all.. other than that I'm stumped!

Cheers
Andy

Just tried it with Sky+ downstairs on my Pioneer plasma and it's fine, dunno why the green stripe appears with the camcorder, not a major problem but I'd like to understand it! Couldn't resist the temptation to put a DVD on despite the fact I've currently only got a crappy GeForce2 MX graphics card, played Monsters inc and it looked fantastic, if it looks better with the Radeon 9500pro and DVI (of course it should do!) then I'll be extremely chuffed! Anyway panic over, for now!

Cheers,
Andy.

I had the exact same problem with a PCTV card at one point, and I am trying to remember the fix. You may like to try changing the pixel count, or a different driver for the card. I don't think it is a hardware problem. If that doesn't help, Dscaler has some overscan and position settings, and so you may be able to remove the bar that way (settings->Image Shift/Size adjustments).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom