1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Packard Bell Digital Home Theatre

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RichGC, Mar 14, 2003.

1. RichGC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hey all,
    I recently got paid and was down at my local PC World and noticed they had a Dolby Digital 5.1 Speaker system with reciever/amplifier for £99.99 knocked down from £149.99. hmm not bad I thought, I used to have a home cinema but it messed up and cos I got it at such a good price I havent bought another one. Anyway they also had it in my local Dixons so I decided to take the plunge and get it.
    Christ the box is heavy lol although I tested it in store using the volume on the sub I didnt think it was very loud but once I'd turned the volume up using the remote sheesh blows the godamn windows lol
    I realise a lot of u audiophiles would probably think it sounds rubbish but to me it is extremely good for £100 it supports Dolby Digital and Pro Logic but not dts. I would also like to add that it is a very complete package regarding cables, they give you all the cables required to connect to DVD, PC, CD Player and console. Some cables included are Optical, Co-Axial and several Phono to PC leads as well as wall brackets for all the speakers and a pair of stands as well. The whole set is in black and I think its quite attractive, the speakers can be twisted to turn two ways at once so if your listening to music you can cover the whole room.
    The sonic boom from the seismic charges in Episode 2 sound incredble :D I have used a different set of left and right speakers because I wanted something slightly more meaty but even the normal ones are still more than worth it.
    Basically if any of you have a small room up to say 20ftx20ft and dont want to pay an extortionate amount I would highly recommend them, they probably don't have the high clarity of the top of the range stuff but I don't have £1000's to spend.
    Don't judge these until you have them set up at your house in full working order.