Packaging!!

P

Pete Delaney

Well my replacement PJ screen arrived from Nexnix today as my first was damaged and not new (scratches on the back had been painted over rather clumsily and it was dented on the front). Guess what, outer packaging was damaged so I asked the delivery guy to wait until I had inspected it. You guessed it; my replacement screen was dented, on the front unfortunately. Rang Nexnix to give them the chance of a price reduction in order to prevent this viscious circle from continuing. However, they did not offer enough so I have sent it back. The only packing these things come in are a 'Toblerone' shaped cardboard case with a little polystyrene at each end. There is no other protection, I suggested to the gentleman I spoke to that my third replacement should have bubblewrap to protect the length of the screen case. I have been witness to the way parcels get treated whilst en-route. I once saw a guy litterally throwing boxes around the back of his van as he searched for my particular parcel.:eek:

One day I shall have a screen and one without dents....one day....eventually....one day.....:rolleyes:

EDIT: Lucy from Nexnix rang me today to tell me she was bubble-wrapping another screen for shipment today:) . Lucy was very understanding with regards to the screens and so hopefully, thanks to bubble wrap, the 3rd one will be fine!

10/10 For Lucy, I have been unlucky but at least Nexnix have responded positively.:smoke:

Pete

Was your screen a Draper Luma, my reason for asking is that I returne mine to seaven oaks due to ripples and the guys unpackaged three new screens, all three had scratches that had been hideously touched up, the salesman appologised and has now ordered new stock, this seems bizzare quality control.

Yes they were Draper Luma,

My first one looked like someone had poured a bottle of dliuted Tipex down the back of it in order to whitewash over some very long scratches!
It looked 'orrid...:eek:

EDIT: 3rd screen has arrived it was bubble wrapped and fault free:D
It's now secured to the wall and ready for a test run tonight!:smoke:

Pete

Sorry to keep quizzing you but I am still awaiting my replacement Draper, I have requested a replacement because my screen has minor ripples across the top, I have e-mailed Draper and they tell me this is a possibilty during manufacture when the adhesive allows the screen material to move slightly on the roller whilst curing, I would be interested to know whether your screen is totally ripple free.

I've just read it!

So not a major leap forward. Having had similar results myself, I do wonder what something like a Stewart screen costing £1000 or more would lok like in exactly the same conditions.

Gary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom