1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacific TV/DVD - stopped playing DVDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aldiboronti, Jul 16, 2004.

1. aldiboronti

aldiboronti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I put in a Simpsons DVD for my 8 year old, watched while it started playing - regional warnings, etc, then popped out the back. A few minutes later my daughter calls me in, DVD isn't working.

According to her (and I don't think she did anything to it) it suddenly stopped and 'Unable to read disk' or something came up on the screen. She ejected the DVD and put it back in again after wiping it (she's pretty savvy about these things), it then reported 'Incorrect disk'. That's when she called me in, and I couldn't get the Simpsons DVD or any other DVD to play, they all come up 'Incorrect disk'.

Anybody know what's going on? Does the player just need cleaning, or has it clapped out? :lease:

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    From what I've read about Pacific machines, they really are manufactured to a price, and nothing else. I am not trying to be cheeky here, but I suspect your machine is "knackered" although it might be worth getting one of those cleaning disks and giving it a try.

Regards,

Martin.